Why use Yellow Balls
One of the reasons we love golf is that a lot of what happens on the golf course is a result of how we feel. How many times have you purchased a new putter because of how it felt? Yellow balls provided me 5 good ÂfeelingsÂ to use them.
1. They play exactly the same as any other ball
2. When you hit the middle of the fairway with your driver, as you walk up to your ball you have to admit it's a pretty good feeling, if you have a yellow ball, you get that feeling longer because your mind knows that it is your ball sooner than when you have to walk all the way to it to KNOW it's your ball.
3. No one ever "picks up" or hits the yellow ball by mistake
4. Yellow balls are easier to find when you do hit them in the woods
5. Yellow balls are less than $20 for 15
I started using them this year after I found one on the course and played the rest of the round with it, and there is no turning back. If you can get past the initial "rookie" look of the yellow ball, I can assure anyone that tries a yellow ball will see the difference.
I actually went to the golf shop from the golf course to buy a box. When I arrived at golfsmith and asked if they had yellow Noodles, the guy told me they didn't exist, I tried to convince him that I had just used one, after he spoke to the other guy, he assured me they did not exist. He was right, the ball I had played was a Dunlop Loco. I wound up purchasing 2 boxes of Pinnacle gold in yellow for $14.99 for a box of 15. The Pinnacle ball winds up being even better (in my humble opinion) than the Loco.
Don't get me wrong, I was never a big proponent of all the hype about golf balls, I have been playing golf for 20 years and can honestly say I never purchased a box of balls that cost more than $25 a box. I guess I consider myself an above average player, on a good day I'll shoot in the low 70's, on a bad day , low 80's, which makes me a 4 handicap. It always amazed me how you would see people spending $40 on a box of balls but don't have the ability to take advantage of the technology that they are paying for. With the average golfers score being somewhere around 100, most golfers would be much better served by investing money into golf improvement. One other word of warning, be prepared for the wise cracks from your buddies. After I won a few friendly matches with my yellow ball, the wise cracks stopped.